top of page
La Cuisine Française
Cliquer sur les bonnes réponses.
5. La soupe à l'oignon is onion soup. In France it is served with which ingredients on top?
A. croûtons and melted Gruyère cheese
B. breaded onion rings and cubes of bacon
7. Le bisque is -
A. a triangular-shaped pastry filled with cream
B. a soup prepared with crustaceans such as lobster or crab
8. Le foie gras is -
A. the fattened liver of a duck or goose
B. extra-creamy yoghurt made with goat's milk
9. Which of the following dishes is a vegetable stew from the South of France?
A. la ratatouille
B. les rillettes
13. What is the name of the traditional French cake eaten on 6 January?
A. la galette des Rois
B. la couronne des Reines
14. What is the name of a well-known dish consisting of mussels cooked in a sauce of white wine and shallots?
A. les moules à la marinière
B. le moulin rouge
15. Food that is served gratiné or au gratin means that it is
A. coated in breadcrumbs
B. topped with bread and grated cheese then placed under a grill
19. In a restaurant, the sentence - L'addition, s'il vous plaît! - means:
A. The bill please!
B. The wine list, please!
20. La tarte Tatin is -
A. a savoury flan made with a pastry base and filled with an egg mixture and other ingredients such as vegetables and cubed bacon
B. an upside-down fruit pie
C'est la fin du jeu!
bottom of page