top of page
Facts About Italy
Fai clic sulle risposte corrette.
Click on the correct answers.
2. The Leaning Tower of Pisa -
in italiano si chiama .........
A. la Torre Pendente di Pisa
B. il Toro Monello di Pisa
8. In the year 79A.D. two famous events occurred in Italy. One was the completion of the Colosseum. The other was:
A. The eruption of the volcano Vesuvio, destroying the towns of Pompei and Ercolano.
B. The painting of the Mona Lisa, by Leonardo da Vinci.
9. Which Italian artist painted the ceiling and the altar wall of the Sistine Chapel?
16. The patron saint of Italy is:
A. Saint Anthony of Padua (Sant' Antonio di Padova)
B. Saint Francis of Assisi (San Francesco d'Assisi)
18. The famous bridge in the city of Florence - Firenze - is called:
A. il Ponte Vecchio
B. Il Ponte dei Sospiri
bottom of page